these boots were made for walking...
Tuesday, 5 October 2010
Just call me second hand sue!
I hardly ever buy any new clothes, apart from the basics like underwear (of course its all new!), bretton t-shirts, striped t-shirts, cardigans, a good pair of well fitting skinny black jeans, and of course tights and socks - other than those and a few other essentials - nearly all of my clothes are vintage or secondhand!
And how much more interesting does that make my shopping, very! :-) and Im recycling and not falling into the usual capitalist consumer pattern that I so try to avoid ( I am pretty anti-capitalist yet still get sucked in by pretty things and clever advertising, goddamit! :-D).
And of course I feel justified in the fact I can get twice as much for my money hehe why pay full price for anything?! and the money goes to a person, or charity not a greedy corporation, saying that though I still succumb occassionally to the highstreet - the style hypocrite I am!
Here are two of my latest Ebay purchases! I fancied looking a bit more 70s over the winter hence the 70s vintage boots, and the 1960s necklace well its just lovely and will look great with a little psych mini dress!
Have a lovely day all! Im off to the doctors booh! then off to the office job (double booh!)
Pleased to meet you, hello and welcome to Porcelain Doll Vintage
This blog is a forum for my ramblings and mutterings that tend to revolve around creativity, music and the 1960s! Enjoy! I buy, collect and sell vintage dresses and other lovely pretty vintage things!
Twitter / TBT_Vintage
- style vs fashion
- Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes (style que...
- Ted Hughes, my favourite poem - possibly of all ti...
- Crush...check out that beard!
- 365 days without shopping? and Cameo Ladies.
- Celia and Ossie Dream Team!
- I dream of Jeannie's dresses!
- If could spend one day doing anything...and then c...
- My favourite 60s hat!
- First love, last love, musical crush - happy birth...
- Im a sucker for stripes (oh and Lennon)
- No hot water!
- Anarchy in the UK, rebellion in your heart
- Just call me second hand sue!
- DJ sets...
- Life - perfect words...
- ▼ October (16)