What do I look for when buying vintage? well here are just some of the things I look at:
- Shape - a well cut garment. For example - a 60s neckline where the neckline continues at the back. The small details are what make all the difference! Peter pan collars are delightful and another favourite of mine also!
- Collars and cuffs - interesting ones. I personally like lace and ruffles on collars and cuffs.
- Sleeves - Angel sleeves, bracelet sleeves - show off one of the daintiest and prettiest parts of a lady whether your a size zero or not! Show off your bare wrists, add long gloves, short gloves, just a pretty bracelet or a huge ring to make the wrist look even daintier! I love bracelet sleeves, so feminine.
- Angel sleeves - a beautiful silhouette and again so feminine!
- Buttons - interesting shapes, designs and colours and made from different materials. Buttons used as adornment etc
Peter Pan Collars
I love Peter Pan collars so much and am looking at buying some victorian collars and cuffs to add to dresses!
Today I have been making some rings with vintage floral cameos that were sourced from Germany and date back to the 70s they are lovely!
Camera being a bit rubbish but hope to sort that soon and post some pics very soon of the aforementioned rings! On another note as soon as photography is sorted I hope to post some news about the opening of our Big Cartel Store! woohoo! How exciting?!