Sunday, 17 October 2010
Celia and Ossie Dream Team!
I have just bought this dress it's for Topshop by Celia Birtwell and from their instore range from a couple of years ago -the cut and style it is a little reminiscent of the work of my favourite fashion dream team Ossie and Celia!
Ossie Clark for those who don't know was one of the most influential designers of the 60s and 70s and Celia Birtwell was his wife and together they created some of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen!
Ossie was the self proclaimed 'Master Cutter' and boy was he that and Celia's beautiful prints made their designs out of this world! A winning combination if ever there was one! For more info on this amazing partnership click here
I must write more about the duo but for now here's my Topshop, Celia Birtwell dress - if only it was an Ossie original but it's lovely all the same, don't you think?
Pleased to meet you, hello and welcome to Porcelain Doll Vintage
This blog is a forum for my ramblings and mutterings that tend to revolve around creativity, music and the 1960s! Enjoy! I buy, collect and sell vintage dresses and other lovely pretty vintage things!
Twitter / TBT_Vintage
- style vs fashion
- Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes (style que...
- Ted Hughes, my favourite poem - possibly of all ti...
- Crush...check out that beard!
- 365 days without shopping? and Cameo Ladies.
- Celia and Ossie Dream Team!
- I dream of Jeannie's dresses!
- If could spend one day doing anything...and then c...
- My favourite 60s hat!
- First love, last love, musical crush - happy birth...
- Im a sucker for stripes (oh and Lennon)
- No hot water!
- Anarchy in the UK, rebellion in your heart
- Just call me second hand sue!
- DJ sets...
- Life - perfect words...
- ▼ October (16)