Monday, 8 November 2010
My mum met the legend Jimi Hendrix, and all I got was the story
Jimi Hendrix amazing artist, gentle, gentle soul...softly spoken - or so my mum tells me, who met him in the mid sixties and sat on a bench talking to him for a good while - I love the story, I'm terribly jealous of her for getting to meet him - but in the nicest possible way of course! ;-)
R.I.P Jimi. And can you believe the photographic evidence of my mum and Jimi sat on that bench together got lost in a record sleeve that my dad lent to a friend in the late 1970s. Fail!
I think he's beautiful....and someone somewhere has a random picture of Jimi with a blonde, young woman with a beehive looking a little similar to me, and on that day next to that fine young man, likely to be looking very SMUG. Where are you photo? x
Pleased to meet you, hello and welcome to Porcelain Doll Vintage
This blog is a forum for my ramblings and mutterings that tend to revolve around creativity, music and the 1960s! Enjoy! I buy, collect and sell vintage dresses and other lovely pretty vintage things!
Twitter / TBT_Vintage
- Porcelain Doll Vintage Store - opened today!
- It aint' what you do but the way that you do it......
- Ode to the humble Pyjamas (in times of illness)
- I dream of Jeannie's dresses part two
- Walk the plank, oo-argh me hearties and all that g...
- Little Ol' Tea Drinker me...
- My mum met the legend Jimi Hendrix, and all I got ...
- Porcelain Doll Vintage playlist
- ▼ November (8)