My Blog List

Saturday 11 September 2010

Biba baby!

I love the 60s label began by Barbara Hulanicki I love her designs and drawings and her eye for style detail is impeccable! She has done great work collaborating with Topshop in the past.

Here in the UK one of our high street department stores have relaunched Biba, hmmm not keen on the idea but am going to give it a chance, so will pop to the shop in question - House of Fraser . To be honest I'm ready to be disappointed bringing such an iconic label to the masses already disappoints me, we're no longer in 1966 and many people won't realise the history and prestige this label holds...surely now it's going to be cheaply made, mass produced more imitations. Ok, be positive give it a chance, Christina...I have never been able to get a original piece of Biba yet, but I will! :-)

On a better note the model they chose to front Biba - I love her! Daisy Lowe, gorgeous! and a quick look at the range on line, I have my eye on one item at least a full length black velvet dress...will report more when I come back from the shops! x


Look at that black dress Daisy is wearing....wooooo, how lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That dress is stunning! I can't wait to hear if it is actually worth anything.

    ReplyDelete

Pleased to meet you, hello and welcome to Porcelain Doll Vintage

This blog is a forum for my ramblings and mutterings that tend to revolve around creativity, music and the 1960s! Enjoy! I buy, collect and sell vintage dresses and other lovely pretty vintage things!

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
A 1960s dolly bird.

Search This Blog

Twitter / TBT_Vintage