Tuesday, 2 February 2010
Wishing it was summer and shoe love...
Oh lovely shoes!
Oh how I wish it was summer so I could wear 1970s style platform clogs! I was never very keen on them, and I rarely wear heels unless it's a special occassion and evening but I am really starting to like the ugly prettiness of 1970s clogs like these mustard ones. Actually scratch out the 'I wish it were summer' sentence because I think I would wear the shoes above with really thick black tights, I think that would look great - or even thick black knee high socks! I still wish it were summer though for a number of other reasons!
I also like the clunkiness (is that even a word?!) of the polka dot lovelies, a little bit minnie mouse, a little bit pin up, a little 50s, a little bit 70s - they are actually 1970s vintage. I think either would look great with a Ossie Clarke dress.
Pleased to meet you, hello and welcome to Porcelain Doll Vintage
This blog is a forum for my ramblings and mutterings that tend to revolve around creativity, music and the 1960s! Enjoy! I buy, collect and sell vintage dresses and other lovely pretty vintage things!
Twitter / TBT_Vintage
- Excitement, Excitement! News Flash!
- Bob Dylan Days and wishing I was in 1967 San Franc...
- I heart Marianne Faithfull
- The illustrations of Barbara Hulanicki
- My favourite 1960s girl, Cynthia Lennon
- Angels are opening their doors, the sale of the ye...
- Wishing it was summer and shoe love...
- Tiredness and Tiaras (Ireland!)
- ▼ February (9)