Thursday, 4 February 2010
My favourite 1960s girl, Cynthia Lennon
There are many girls of the 1960s I have a soft spot for, but one can't help but warm to Cynthia Lennon. I am the biggest Beatles fan and John is my favourite (George, second if you're interested). If you haven't read 'John' by Cynthia Lennon, I can highly recommend it, it is a heart warming and at the same time heart wrenching account of her time with and without John from the moment they met, to the moment he passed away.
Cynthia had a lovely style, very girl next door but still sexy and with a down to earth charm that many of her contemporarys lacked. I would love to dress more like Cynthia!
Pleased to meet you, hello and welcome to Porcelain Doll Vintage
This blog is a forum for my ramblings and mutterings that tend to revolve around creativity, music and the 1960s! Enjoy! I buy, collect and sell vintage dresses and other lovely pretty vintage things!
Twitter / TBT_Vintage
- Excitement, Excitement! News Flash!
- Bob Dylan Days and wishing I was in 1967 San Franc...
- I heart Marianne Faithfull
- The illustrations of Barbara Hulanicki
- My favourite 1960s girl, Cynthia Lennon
- Angels are opening their doors, the sale of the ye...
- Wishing it was summer and shoe love...
- Tiredness and Tiaras (Ireland!)
- ▼ February (9)